Friday, August 2, 2013

Every Love Story Is Beautiful, But Ours Is My Favorite

I've mentioned this blog before and I absolutely love it! She is definitely a messenger of the Lord. He always gives her the right words that I need to read at just the right moment. She has a feature called "Five Minute Friday". If you're a blogger yourself, I encourage you to try it out! Basically every Friday she gives a one word prompt and you're supposed to write for five minutes flat. No editing or thinking. Just a quick write from the heart.  It's my 5 minute labor of love :)

Ready? The word is Story. 
GO!

Once upon a time I met this boy, fell in love, got married, and had a baby.
And that is where my story begins.  

Waking up two, three, four times in the night to rock her back to sleep.  Cuddling in bed with both of them when rocking doesn't seem to work.  Filling and refilling sippy cups each day...and sanitizing and sterilizing the one that looks like a science experiment from being lost under the couch a week ago. Washing, folding, and ironing the laundry.  Having supper cooked or being cooked when he gets home from work, so he can relax after a long day.  Passing out popcorn, strawberries, bananas, or animal crackers for snacks.  Sleeping with my back always touching his; it's our funny way to snuggle.  Realizing the bruises on both of my knees come from giving her pony rides on the carpet every day. Reciting one book after another and bursting into simultaneous laughter when she catches me not even  looking at the pages - smarty pants ;)  The way he holds me tight and towers over me when I just need to break down.  And the way she holds me tight as I read, sing, and rock her to sleep.

They are my story. The sweet loves of my life.  They are my responsibility, privilege, and joy all in a days' time.




 



“The best thing a girl can be is a good wife and mother. It is a

 girl's highest calling. I hope I am ready.”  Nancy E. Turner





1 comment:

  1. Savannah, I appreciated the loving images you painted with your words. Blessings to you. (Stopping by from Five Minute Friday :-))

    ReplyDelete