Saturday, December 8, 2012

sticky kisses & dirty clothes

This is the beginning of a blog dedicated to all the stay-at-home-mommas out there. A place where doing dishes, laundry, and play dates is considered a job - because, well, it really is! Where else can you get overtime every day of the year and get paid in sweet, sticky kisses? Ever since I was a little girl playing house I knew that someday this would be my real job. I love waking up in the morning to iron my husband's clothes and send him off to work. I love changing diapers, making food for my daughter, cleaning up the same mess 5x a day, and trying to having supper ready when M gets home (notice I said try). Every day isn't the perfect, happy-go-lucky, Mrs. Cleaver schedule I would like it to be, but it's perfect to me and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else. A has somewhat figured out how to give kisses recently; Every time she takes my face in her chubby, sticky little fingers and plants one on me,  I melt ... I am a laborer of love and I get the biggest paycheck I could ever need.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment