Monday, December 24, 2012

What is Love?

Sometimes my husband drives me crazy.  He leaves his socks and shoes in the living room when he gets home from work. He's loud, he moves around too much in bed and he's a cover hog. But this weekend he really stepped it up and made me a proud wife. 
Wednesday I started having abdominal pains and by Saturday they were severe. He ended up taking me to the ER, where I was admitted and ended up having surgery to remove my appendix.  All of this was a whirlwind. We thought I would be examined and sent home with some medication. No muss, no fuss. We are both from the same hometown, so the closest of any family members is 4 1/2 hours away. But this post is not about me...It's about my best friend that I get to call my wonderful husband :)
Saturday while I was being seen and tested in the ER, M had our daughter in the lobby because they don't allow anyone under 16 unless they are a patient them self.  He tried to keep her occupied but ended up taking her home, feeding her supper, and walking into my ER room.  He said he couldn't sit at home not knowing what was going on so he had to come back. They only let him and her come in briefly so back out to the lobby they went. He ended up taking A home around 11:45pm.  The next morning he bathed her, fed her breakfast and came back to the hospital.  Later that night he took her on a "date" to Wendy's while I was in surgery. He called my mom to see if anyone could come down and help us out this week and my sister gladly accepted. Around 11pm I finally woke up and called him and he had cleaned the house and was making the beds for my aunt and sister that were coming in that night.  He did everything that I normally do whenever we have friends or family coming in to stay with us, but with our baby in tow right behind him every step.  He brought me a change of clothes, deodorant, and my toothbrush to the hospital without my asking.  He had thought of everything.
There are days that I wish he would be a hopeless romantic like myself and randomly bring home some flowers or a card. But he's not. He speaks a different love language than myself, he's more of an acts of service kind of guy. However this weekend he did so much better than a bouquet of flowers. He played Momma and Daddy to our little girl, nurse/caregiver to me, and hospitable in-law to my family. He is Love :)

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 

No comments:

Post a Comment