Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Birthday Presence


Today is my baby's first birthday. Of course she isn't really a baby anymore at all. She runs and plays and learns new things everyday. Nope, today my baby officially became a toddler. We started out our morning with number 1 applesauce pancakes, then we headed out to Toys R Us! She received a birthday crown and pink Happy Birthday balloon from Geoffrey. I let her walk around and explore some of the toys and she decided to climb into the toy Cadillac Escalade! Being a Miss frugal myself, I have no idea where she got her expensive taste :) She also tried out a few kiddie chairs and took a ride on a toy elephant! We then met her daddy for lunch and came home for a nap after a fun but busy morning.

A big reason in starting this blog is because even though I can remember today's events clearly I can't help but look at her and think where has the time gone? I look at pictures of her throughout this past year and ask myself where was I? I am a stay-at-home-momma and I feel like some days I miss so much. Whether it's paying bills or cleaning house, I feel as though I am absent sometimes. My blog may be titled Labor of Love, but  my hopes is that it's also a letter of love. A letter that I can one day show my child. A letter that to most might be full of mundane, ordinary things but to me they are amazing, extraordinary things! One day when she has her own baby's first birthday she can look back at these love letters and know that I felt that same feeling of awe towards her.
Today's post is my resolution to be here more. Not just physically, because I'm here all the time, but mentally and emotionally as well. I plan to take as many pictures as possible, let her make more messes, and live in the moment. I can always clean the house when she's in bed, but I can never get back that sugary sweet grin that's full of mischief...and probably guilt :)



"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from Him." ~ Psalms 127:3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment