Wednesday, January 9, 2013

How'd you get so smart?

I brought A to our bed around 6 this morning because I think she had a bad dream :(  So anyway, she nestles in between us and falls right back to sleep.  I woke up about an hour later, ironed M a shirt for work, chatted for a minute and sent him on his way. After I walked M out and locked the front door, I got back in bed with my snuggle-bug.

I'm laying in bed, half-asleep, and I feel something on my mouth...I open my eyes to see A sitting on M's pillow holding her foot in her hand, staring intently at me as she brushes her stinky toes across my lips.  I immediately burst into laughter and she follows in a fit of giggles.  Once she knows it's funny she proceeds to put them on my nose, my eyes, and my ears.  It was hilarious.

Flash forward a few hours; she's carrying her baby doll around the house patting it on the back and swaying side to side.  A few days ago she figured out that the bottle goes in the baby's mouth.  She would sit on the floor with the baby doll in front of her and now she cradles her in one arm and feeds her with the other. Today she tried to makes a shh sound but couldn't quite get it, so instead she sounded like she had a lisp - thhh :)

We can show her something once or twice and she pretty much picks it up right away.  Every day she amazes me with what she can do and who she is becoming.  She's a beautiful mix of her Daddy and myself and she has a personality all her own.

Today's post has no moral of the story, no lesson to be learned.  Just a little glimpse into my day with my amazingly smart little girl.  Hey, a proud momma has to brag once in a while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment