Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My husband, my BFF

Here's the second part of our Valentine's day advent calender!  I know it's super cheesy, but I feel like so many people let their marriages go simply because they don't have fun anymore. So I love doing random things to show M that I am always thinking of him.  

I think sometimes you should do something other than the ordinary dinner and a movie.  Go to a favorite store and window shop together, go on a walk, do something that your husband enjoys rather than the same person calling all the shots.  Growing up I've learned that after God, your spouse should be number one in your life.  They should come before your kids, friends, siblings, and parents.  You wouldn't even have your kids if it wasn't for each other, so why not take time to nurture that relationship?  

My parents are great examples of how to take care of each other.  Sure they get into arguements and get angry and even might spend a day or two not talking to each other.  Which is actually pretty funny, because they can sound like little kids "Tell Daddy this..." or "Go tell your Momma that..."   But overall they make time to spend together and in different ways.  During the school year they are always going to my younger siblings ball games together.  And it's Free, well it's cheap anyway :) During the summer months they love getting up early and going to the local farmer's market and then scouring the newspaper for garage sales.  Dates don't always have to be romantic, it's about spending time with each other.  So be creative and do something different with your hubby this weekend.  Grab a babysitter, or better yet offer to trade sitting jobs for free, and do something with your #1 !




Served up with a cold Mtn. Dew!                         &...his favorite snack-pistachios    


A "hug" from A, and a card saying BEST DADDY, HANDS DOWN!
It's much harder than I thought to trace or make handprints with a one year old
                     















I moved our mattress into the living room, created a "canopy" with extra sheets, and even added some candles and the flowers M sent me.  Really shouts swanky hotel, huh? haha Since we don't live anywhere near family, and V-day was on a weeknight I had to think outside the box.  So after we put A to bed, we ordered pizza and had a picnic on the living room floor.  Then cuddled up for a movie in front of the "Big Screen" It was so much fun and defintiely something different!  

Luckily I had a cutie who wanted to help put it all back the next morning :)

 










 "Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the LORD." - Proverbs 19:14                                                                                    




No comments:

Post a Comment