Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Love, My Valentine

I'm baaack!  It's been two weeks since my last post so now I have seventy-two ideas for blog posts :/  My head is swimming!  Valentines Day is just around the corner and at my house it's definitely one of my favorite holidays - who am I kidding?  I love all holidays! I get overwhelmed with crafty ideas to celebrate anything, so I thought I would share my ideas for this years love fest!

For most of the year I am focusing lots of attention on my daughter with clothes, toys, you name it.  So Valentines Day is a holiday I dedicate soley to my hubby.  Last year for each day leading up to Valentines I wrote a reason that I love him on our enormous bathroom mirror.  And Valentines Morning I woke up extra early to make heart shaped french toast with pink scrambled eggs, it was delicious! And I had pictures made of our sweet baby girl and they came in right before Valentines so I made that part of the surprise too!


 




This year was no different, I had to think of something extra special and creative.  So I decided to make a Valentines advent calender.  But since we have a toddler this year I decided to let her help out to show her love and appreciation for Daddy too!  Each day had a funny little saying or rhyme and I had an empty diaper box that I wrapped and turned upside down to hide the gift in.  Right before I go to bed at night I've been slipping the gift under the box and he opens the door and sees his gift before he heads off to work.  What a great sendoff right?!  None of them have been fancy or expensive at all, if it wasn't something we've made at home then I bought it at the Dollar Tree.

Here's a preview of some of the things he's gotten this far.  Unfortunately I can't show everything because he likes to be supportive and read my posts so I don't want to ruin the surprise!  However I will make an updated post after Valentines to show the rest of what he got!  So here's what he's recieved so far...


A finger paint picture from A in
 different hues of red and pink
  
Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast shaped into hearts
(Pinterest Idea!)
A homemade scratch off "lottery ticket"
(another Pinterest idea!)
An old school "Mixed Tape"


             Will you be our Valentine?








I printed the pictures together as a side-by-side and told him  it should have said
Here's a picture from me to you, when you're having a bad day I probably am too!
She was being a little sassy this particular day and did not want to wear a hair bow.  Hence the  happy smile once she took it off :)


So that's my Valentines Day advent calender that I made for M.  I know it's a little late, but I hope that I've inspired you to do something creative for your man too!

No comments:

Post a Comment