Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread - the good kind, with lots of energy to sustain us :)

Ever notice the Bible verse at the bottom of my blog?  "She watches over the affairs of her family and does not eat the bread of idleness." - Proverbs 31:27.  Well, in case you haven't noticed, I haven't written an entry in nearly 5 weeks.  Let me tell you there is no idle bread in this house; I have been busy, busy, busy!  

A friend of mine is a teacher and her son was being watched by a lady who had a son of her own and is expecting another in May.  The expectant momma naturally wanted to savor the last few months with her son being an only child, so I agreed to step in and watch Baby C until school gets out for the summer.  If I have never mentioned it before I also keep another friends child for 2-3 days a week.  Here's the kicker - both dads of these kids work with my husband and all three of our kids are less than 6 weeks apart!  So I have two 15 months old every week day and three of them on two or three weekdays. Suffice it to say it's a madhouse :)





In the last 5 weeks I also completed some curtains for a friend that asked me to sew for her.  I took on the task willingly, it's only two squares with a hem around the edge right? Wrong! It took me over two weeks to complete them, I had no idea how tough it would be to work around the kids schedule.  Needless to say I had to burn quite a bit of midnight oil to get them finished.

My sister, brother, and husband all share March birthdays and I love celebrating birthdays!  So of course, I had projects to complete for them as well.  And most recently I'm working on finishing up a few things that I have been making and collecting since this past fall for a friend who's having her first baby!  
Happy 20th Birthday to my baby sister!

Happy 18th Birthday to my younger brother!

Happy 26th Birthday to my handsome husband!

In the midst of trying to keep up with all of these projects and extra kids, I still have everyday stuff to contend with.  My mornings usually consist of getting up, making beds, getting everyone ready for the day and off to work, making breakfast, cleaning house, Bible story with the babies, and maybe a cup of coffee!  Seriously it's close to 9:30 or 10am before my bottom hits a chair...or the floor with the kiddos :)

Through it all I have a supportive husband whose faith encourages me and keeps me going.  I'm blessed to have someone who not only encourages me to pray, but who prays for me and with me.  He sees everything I do and appreciates it, yet he lets me know that I can't do it all on my own.  And when my day gets tough and there's nobody around to help with the diaper changes and temper tantrums, I'm still not alone!
Seeing this on his nightstand just stirs my own faith :)

I wholeheartedly want to continue with this blog.  In such a busy season of my life, I don't want to forget things.  I want to remember how smart A is and all the things she picks up on so quickly.  I want to remember the little finger she points at me when she's being bossy.  I want to remember how my husband lets me vent and complain to him about my day at the end of his own stressful workday.  This blog remembers all of these things for me.  So while I can't promise to jot down every moment the way I would like, I am going to make a valiant effort to post at least twice a week.  Every Sunday and Thursday I will post a new entry, Whether the days have been eventful or not.  

Someone just woke up from a nap, so it's back to the daily grind...or in the case of caring for 3 toddlers, the daily grime :)


No comments:

Post a Comment